Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ghana's most beautiful, and Miss Africanada 2011

Its been a little hectic in my makeup world. So much that I havent had the chance to show you what happend at the GHMB 2011 pageant.

First I must give a special thanks to pageant co-ordinator Ms Constance  and Nana Yeboah (not pictured here because she was to busy running around) for putting the whole pageant together.


The venue was filled to capacity, leaving people to stand along the walls.
I think I went through a whole tube of lipgloss and half a pallete of blush that night, just to make sure the girls were at their best.  Backstage was overcrowded with family members who squeezed into our little space to insure the girls had everything they needed at hand.  Clothes were flying everywhere!!The show went at such a fast pace, I had limited time to work the camera.

                          
But with the little bit of time I did have, I managed to capture the girls primping for show time.






My favorite dresses were  Nikki's  beautiful pink creation,
 and Vanessa's short number (she had her image printed into the train!! Now thats Swag!)

Contestant Kelly had the most beautiful skin (makeup artists love good skin!), that combined with her costume almost made her look regal in her dress.

Contestant Marlece was the calmest of the bunch  and went for a more classic dress.

Becky`s bubbly personality matched her frilly dress perfectly, and her smile was always on point, on and off the stage.

But most suprising of all was miss DeeDee  (Dorinda), who completely came out of her shell from the last time we met. It was almost like she turned on a diva light switch!




I didnt have the chance to take pictures of all the girls but they all did very well.


The pageant was a huge success and while the girls all gave it their all, their could only be one winner:  Miss Vaness Otuo!!

Who by the way was also the winner of the Pageant photoshoot challenge may I add!
Thanks goes out to all the lovely contestants for choosing Mrs Makeup!

Next Stop:
Mrs Makeup will be the makeup sponsor for Miss Africa Canada 2011