Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Alter Ego

Sometimes you have to take time out for enjoyment and self discovery. For most of August, that is exactly what I did. I took a vacation, spent time with loved ones and celebrated my birthday.  Instead of taking life by the horns, I let life take me where it wanted me to be. (Dont get bored, this will all make sense soon!!)

Me
For my birthday I wanted a special outfit. I searched the mall from top to bottom but couldnt find anything to suit my personality. Then I remembered Alter Ego Clothing (who also designed that wicked neck piece for Ghanas Most beautiful Vanesssa). I made a few emergency phone calls and got intouch with designer Uche Nwagbo. When I tried on my first corset I was hooked! And have been wearing Alter Ego Clothing to all of my parties.

 I also knew I wanted to shoot with Uche. So we brainstormed concepts and gathered models. But one day before our photoshoot, the photographer cancelled. Photographer Tosin was there to save our day, showing up to do some emergency studio shots.

I had my own agenda. With four beautiful models at hand, who all were dressed to kill and with their makeup and hair already done. How could I resist not stealing them for my own personal use? I  always love taking pictures. My readers, those who have worked with me, and even my friends and family know, I dont leave my bathroom without taking pictures (of myself).  Its what my blog is all about. Pictures and dialogue right?!. After doing makeup, and hair on all the models, I stole them away to test my photography skills.









 This photoshoot made me realize, that you never know  what direction  life could take you. Im not a photographer but I did do pretty good (if i should say so myself). Could this be the start of something new?  I loved shooting these girls! They all did well posing for my rookie lense. Thank you to all the models for trusting my vision. But most of all, thank you Uche for helping me find my Alter Ego in more ways then one.
Uche and the girls

 
Word around town is that my pictures will appear in print. Stay tuned!
Ps. Special Thanks goes out  to Sarah Gwan for designing the new Mrs Makeup and MRS bling logo!